Saturday 10 December 2011

A very Harry birthday!

Here's my latest cake! Thank you Liana for sending me a photo of it with the candle and glasses, they are the only things I didn't make, or that weren't edible.



Technique-wise, I think this was one of my best yet. I found the courage to try ganaching and I can't believe the difference it made when I was setting up the cake compared to buttercream. Starting with a nice smooth, square base definately made covering the cake with fondant a lot easier. It would have been ten times as yummy too!


I was just so happy with this cake, from the improvement in my technique, to the edible gold lettering that I airbrushed on. Thank you cake gods!


Here's the link to the video on YouTube with some progress shots, a bit of video and some cool music to match! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-aK2PbCiE&feature=colike

1 comment: