Thursday 1 March 2012

Tastes and Transformers

This week I was so excited to be invited to go to Tastes of Rutherglen with a friend. I haven't been since my hens day nearly five years ago and it's much more of an event now, run a lot like the Winery Walkabout but with more of an emphasis on food and the whole culinary experience.
The Transformers cake all came together really well, I wasn't very imaginative with this one, I just used a picture off the internet for inspiration and the picture on top is an edible image. They asked for it to be wheat-free and I just used my normal recipe but with gluten-free flours and an extra egg, Shane ate the bit I cut off to level it and it met with his approval, he said you could hardly tell the difference. I did a test run a couple of weeks ago and got a message from my friend's mum, who has tried a few gluten-free cakes, saying it was easily the nicest she's had.
I really need a good camera, this photo was taken with my phone.

3 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic - of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, fantastic!! You are definitely making me a cake at the end of the year! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I had an epiphany last night, I'll call you so you can envisage it!

    ReplyDelete