Friday 12 April 2013

Stephanie Alexander kitchen gardens in schools

This article is in the paper today but not online so I took a photo because I really want to share it.

Border Mail Page 12 Friday April 12 2013

 

For my birthday this year I asked for vouchers for The Essential Ingredient so that I could buy Stephanie's book, The Kitchen Garden Companion. It's not cheap but it is worth it for the wealth of practical information it contains. The front cover reads 'Dig, plant, water, grow, harvest, chop, cook' and it really does cover all those things. One of my favourite parts is the section at the end of each vegetable (there are 73) titled 'Especially for Kids'.

Stephanie's writing style and approach to gardening are both pretty laid-back and whilst giving her best advice, she also recognises that in gardening there are many approaches and opinions.

The website for the Kitchen Garden Foundation and schools program is Here.

One fine morning I shall get out in my own little veggie garden and take some photos to post here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment