Tuesday 2 August 2011

A lot to learn but it's exciting!

Welcome to my new blog! First post, yay!

I like cake. Lately I've been thinking about what I like doing, what I want to do more of, and what I can live without. Basically what it's come down to is that I want to work less, or do something I enjoy so that it's not like work at all - cue cake decorating fantasy!

Whatever happens I need to earn money, so I'm not going to quit my job tomorrow, but I do want something to work towards.

I have a lot to learn... so I want to do the Planet Cake Basics course in Sydney. Actually, I want to do any course I can get my hands on but I think Planet Cake is the best and probably a great place to start (Plus I'd love to meet Paris Cutler!). Looking at all the professional cakes on the Internet then looking at what I've done so far, let's just say that I'm not quite at that level! Nether less, I'm not a hopeless case. I think my skills are pretty good for someone self-taught and I've already been paid to do a few cakes so maybe other people aren't as critical of me as I am of myself.

Here are a few of my creations so far, tell me what you think, what I can improve (please be constructive in your criticism!) and I'll keep posting pics of my creations. I thought I might even do a video next time I'm decorating, what do you think?




Cookie Monster Cupcake



Flower Cupcakes using smarties and marshmallows



Cupcakes with handmade flowers



Cupcake with green icing and black heart



3D Soccer Ball
My Little Pony Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment