Friday 5 August 2011

Mixed Berry Friands

I've just made some friands, the recipe I used on my first attempt was slightly questionable so this time I tried this recipe from The Chef's Toolbox and they worked a lot better. I used mixed berries because that's what I had in the freezer. I would have liked to have used fresh berries but sometimes I think frozen are better for baking with anyway.

It must have been meant to be because I just used whatever butter I had left in the fridge from the last few times I've baked and it all added up to exactly 200g!

Raspberry Friands

Ingredients

200g icing sugar
110g plain flour
140g almond meal
200g butter, melted and cooled
6 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, plus 12 extra for the top

Method

Preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan forced for 15 minutes
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, almond meal, butter and egg whites
Mix well until all ingredients are combined and stir through raspberries
Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 cups
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through
Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan before inverting
Dust with icing sugar and serve


The recipe can also be found here: http://austnz.chefstoolbox.com/tabid/73/RecipeID/434/Raspberry-Friands.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Yummm I am seriously drooling! I love ur baking and cooking skills girl x

    ReplyDelete