Tuesday 11 September 2012

Inspiration

I often stumble across beautiful cakes, whether on the internet or in magazines - not to mention talented cake designers and decorators, but I have just discovered Maggie Austin. I had never heard of her before I read that she made the cake for Ryan Reynolds and Blake lively's wedding, which was then driven 8 hours from Maryland to Boone Hall Plantation in Mt Pleasant, where The Notebook was filmed.

I haven't been able to find any pictures of the actual cake yet, but Maggie Austin cakes are known for their elegance and touch of Haute Couture. Below is a portrait of Maggie with one of her designs, but check out her whole gallery yourself here

I can see myself using her cakes for inspiration and ideas in the future, even her logo is divine!

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: Martha Stewart Weddings helped plan Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds' wedding and have a little photo gallery here http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/272446/real-weddings#320547 The description reads: "An avid cook, crafter, and baker, Blake envisioned an abundant dessert table overflowing with their favorite treats. The focal point was their vanilla-and-sour-cream wedding cake with peach-apricot preserves and Earl Grey-milk chocolate buttercream made by Maggie Austin Cake in Alexandria, Virginia."

    ReplyDelete